1.30.2006

pet peeves and coffee dates

ugh...i have a small list of pet peeves (well it is small in my opinion, but apparently growing daily). this actually reminds me of the opening scenes of amelie, where director jean pierre-jeunet describes each of the characters by listing his/her likes/dislikes. here is the beginning of my dislike list:

-walking in the rain without an umbrella, but most especially when the big drops fall off the awning and land *kerplat!* on your forehead or back of your neck.
-walking barefoot on hardwood floors that aren't clean and having little pieces of dirt and dust stick to the bottom of your foot
-pillows that are not arranged and fluffed on the couch properly

and here is the addition for today:

-being asked a question (i.e. someone reaching across my desk and getting in my face to ask if i had an eraser) or just plain being talked to when you are most apparently on the phone talking to someone else!

argh...couldn't they see i was on a special little coffee-walking-&-talking-date with someone i rarely get to see? i hate that my concentration and conversation has to be interrupted, compromised and my train of thought momentarily taken away from the person i am trying to escape with (even if for just a brief talk).