6.28.2004

so not only did i just have the most horrific afternoon, but i got stood up too. you see, one of my most favouritest teachers in school was taking a cross/round-the-country road trip in the clockwise direction and he told me months ago that he was going to take me out to dinner once he got to dc. i've been soooo excited for the past couple months. anyhow, a few days ago an email arrived saying he was 3-4 days away, i was so giddy. then a postcard arrived in the mail on saturday from st. paul, minnesota. that's at least more than half-ways across the country. anticipation was killing me. well, let's just say it's a good thing he sent the postcard, cuz i got this email just minutes ago, and as though i wasn't bummed already, now i'm thoroughly bummed, the definition of which i'm not exactly sure, but i am. and can you believe that after all this time, he still forgets that may name is jen with an "n":

Jen,
Sorry, I (we) suck. our driving schedule got sort of messed up so we had to bypass Washington D.C. in favor of driving through the night in order to get to Florida in time. We're not going to be able to get together apparently. Right now we're in Florida and we have a week and a half to drive out to the Florida Keys and and then make our way back to California.
I can't believe I'm not going to see you. That was going to be the best part of this whole stupid road trip. I miss you so much. I didn't mind missing you so much when you were in Burlingame for Vaughn's graduation. I figured that you had family stuff to do so I didn't make it a high enough priority to see you.
Now that we're several states apart again, I feel so stupid. I really miss you and hate the idea of not getting to be with you. You are so wonderful and being with you is the best.
I think I need to reassess some things and make sure that if we're in the same state that I drop everything to make sure I get to be with you.
Sorry for the lack of planning. I will write to you again and continue to apologize and try and tell you how much I love you and miss you.

love you,
miss you,
OXOXO,
David


thanks, dk, you just made my bad day turn worse....now, for reals, no one loves me.

(sigh)

(double-sigh)

(pout)

(double-pout)

no one is even around to hear me pout and sigh so why do i bother...i'm going to bed.