7.28.2005

plan & elevation

last night i was stranded in the dark for many hours...i exhausted the life of my laptop battery and it was too rainy and sticky to venture out where there might be power...i was so excited to be home, lounging on the couch under my purple down blanket throw, great expectations in the vcr, and then pow...wind, rain, thunder, lightning stomping out my fun and making me light candles and read by the flames... i must say, i never get a chance to light all my pretty candles and there was something very meditative and relaxing about the process and act of it all.

i haven't accomplished a thing worthwhile today at all...my stomach is feeling ill sorted. my phone is acting funny too, the signal not so strong these last couple days...but then again maybe i am just searching for excuses to shower myself with a new camera phone.

i have so much paperwork and office-type errands to take care of before moving to montreal.

other things to vent/be excited about, michelle, my long-lost best friend sent me an email saying she is getting engaged...i remember our talks of peach bridesmaid dresses and our little trio talk with julie about future wedding bells. it seems our predictions were completely wrong...michelle, the one who thought it would never happen to her, now seems completely twitterpated and ready for her walk down the aisle...me, the one who was predicted to be married first, has been through a myriad of boy torment (some good and some bad), still single (well kinda-not-really), and still in school...but you know what? i haven't been so happy...er, maybe even content with the current state of things, than i have these past couple of months...anyhow, the point of this paragraph was supposed to be that this is the year of the wedding and unexpected pregnancy...no matter where i go, these 2 phenomena keeping appearing out of thin air.

oh yeah...and for some odd reason i've really been considering getting a little tiny tattoo before the week is done...ugh...someone please talk some sense into me before i do something i might regret...