9.19.2005

the day so far...

7:16am
i feel as though woken from a dream at the moment. eating my morning bread and jam with complimentray tea with arcade fire's "in the backseat" in my ears....almost a garden state plane crashing down moment...my mind wanters to the recesses of my brain where nostalgia resides. i think of magical places of growing up, aerial views of beaches, & i long for my favourite secret garden coffeeshop & the smell of freshly cooked waffles in the a.m. hours. i wonder if montreal will leave me with a deep enough indent. i wonder that i will have impressions of nostalgia in future years to come. how sad would that be for four months to pass of one's life and not be able to recall a smell, taste, sight - to not have made a significant & lasting bond of communication with another, because really it is only in dialogue that impressions are made...

my tea is too warm & jam a little too sweet for my not-so-awake-self this morning.

(note to self: "funeral" album by arcade fire is a goodmorning-lazy-but-get-yourself-moving soundtrack)

i hope that i do not greet the rare books library today with sleepy eyes, but at this point it seems inevitable in its happening.

8:34pm
well, it's been over 12 hours, 10 phone conversations, 2 seemingly long walks to/from school, 1 espresso, 1 perrier, 1 latte, 1 panini, and multiple brief car rides later in the day...

ugh...had to be dragged slightly kicking and screaming for a much needed time out. i was going to give myself one, but it was nice to be whisked around town, on errands other than my own, no thought required on my part. highlights:

*i bought baci...haven't had these for a while now...there was a little italian delicatessen shop right across the street from my old office where i would frequently indulge in the baci-love...and my boss always knew how to make amends if he had pushed the limits a little too far...one carefully placed baci-kiss placed on her keyboard for her to find upon returning from lunch. (hehe...i must confess, i did indulge in multiple bacis while in italy this past summer...however, i don't count that seeing as it was the normal everyday thing to do.)

*i saw quail eggs in one store, and admired the different grey-green-blackish markings on each egg. each unique...and though the brown & white eggs are each different in their own right, no one ever notices. i wonder what we as people must have/do to have this subtle appearance of differentiation...

*another store was practically wall-papered in 3 dimensional produce...hehe, the fruits and vegetables practically climbing one on top of the other, scrambling for attention, saying "look at me! look at me!"

*a brief 15 minute nap where i could slip away into not-think-about-anything-at-all-land. (naptime seranade: athlete's "tourist" album) until that dammed garbage truck/moving van....whatever the hell it is that likes to hide in the back alley behind my window decided to disturb me...

ok...enough procrastinating for me...once again another day i was hoping to have something drawn...and yet another day without letting my hand/mind escape away. tonight will be a late night again as i prepare my lecture for tomorrow.