12.14.2005

just like being a child again

tonight i remembered the christmas holidays...in fact, one particular christmas eve with family in the now sold san francisco house. i have a vague recollection of the real memory in my mind. what is more vivid are the playbacks of video from my uncle's newly bought video camera recorder (this was in the 80's so imagine a ginormous black contraption sitting atop his shoulders...heehee.) the video shows me as a five, no maybe six year old. my hair cut in the short beatles bowl cut that was typical of my elementary school years, and the red and white, mostly red velvet dress. imagine a fairy-tale heidi of the swiss alps type dress, just in red with white lace. anyhow, although i was not playing dress-up in this particular instance (there are other stories of me pretending to be the queen of england, to be disclosed at a later time ;b) i was smiley and happy, roaming about the house, around the potluck fooded table, singing and most importantly twirling about. yes, me, twirling...can you imagine? if you do not believe me, i'm sure i can ask uncle for the tape and we can watch my silliness abound for your personal enjoyment and my personal humiliation. tonight, i remembered this as i tried on liz-girl's all too big heels, and watched her twirl about in her all too pretty fuschia new year's dress.