9.21.2006

blog-a-day-project

this blog-a-day project is going well...i know it's only been three days into it, but i feel confident about pushing myself on this one. i never before have made writing a priority. this place just became a place to record memories or thoughts i had, or a way to encrypt a message to someone else letting them know that i was alive and well. i find by forcing myself to write, i think about the day differently. i am on a search for important things to say...picking apart at every detail around me. i look at the billboard advertisements looking for treasures, mentally record overheard conversations and definitely pay more attention to the things which strike a chord in me.

i've been told by many that i see things much differently than the average human bean. i concoct stories in my head that make what i see into what i feel. these stories often pass from my eyes thru my brain, but are never uttered by my mouth or recorded by my hand. sometimes these stories become evident in my drawings/collages, but in this area i also have been slacking as of late.

this is my own personal kick in the bum to get my creative self moving again...please help to keep me accountable.