2.14.2007

this holiday...


cold city, originally uploaded by Jenblossom.

always leaves me with a slight bittersweet/melancholic/saturnine taste in my heart...despite current states of content happiness, my mind cannot help but conjour images of broken glass, mending hearts, warm tears. and while all these things may seem dismal and sad to most, i am so grateful for the feeling and memories that rise up within me. the saddest thing of all would be to lose a memory to a blank sheet of nothing, no matter how wonderful/horrid/earth-shattering that memory is.

walking out this morning into the cold, snow-swept sidewalk was the near perfect way to begin the day. a clean fresh blast of air upon my face and cheeks to awaken me to the pain, joy, misery, laughter, and more that i have had in my life. i can only hope that all my loves (past & present, brief & enduring, romantic & platonic), know how profoundly you have left imprints upon me....like footsteps left in the freshly fallen snow.