2.11.2007

interrupted & unfinished sundays

I wonder lately if it is possible to be allergic to a city. Since moving here (not quite 6 months now), I've had a bad congestion cold maybe 3 times, food poisoning once, + general stomach uneasiness at least twice. It's only two months into the new year and I've already used 2.5 sick days from work. In general, my body has been all out of whack. It's putting a little bit of a damper upon me, but I'm trying to be resilient and fight back. Someone suggested that the new city might just have a whole new set of germs that my body isn't used to. Or perhaps it is the fact that I'm forced to interact with a multitude of more people than I am normally used to. New York is a dirty city indeed, ridden with germs at every crevice and corner. It is no wonder to me why I have been so ill. It could also be that all the changes that have occurred the past six months has had a heavy effect upon my mental/bodily state...or even the fact that my iPod has died and needs fixing, my desktop computer has a weird blue screen of death, and now the kittie has knocked over my external hard drive (which has my entire life on it!!!) & it is now making horrible sounds...*scrunched up face of worriment and fear*...yikes...I've been trying desperately not to think of the consequences of this...anyhow....

*got distracted by my pretty turkish friend who now resides in canadia...finally we could see each other...thank you webcam*