6.20.2005

5:58 pm berlin time

aaah...my first iced hazelnut soy latte in weeks...yes i admit i succumbed to the lure of everything about capitalistic america, sitting outside just in fron of the brandenburg tor at no other than starbucks...forgive me but i was dying for my lifeblood. there are much fewer people here today than the other when i was on the whirlwind bike tour...withing reach of my eyes is frank gehry's dz bank where the fish in motion is swimming gracefully inside...to the left of which is palais am pariser platz, i opted for coffee rather than taking a beer inside this nice shaded courtyard cafe. the sun is shining more warmly now that the cloud has decided to move...but it is nice to sit and watch the people pass me by for the first time today...out of the corner of my eye i see the hot air balloon rise up into to sky above the bank and palais...i somehow recall a conversation about how nice it would be to be in a hot air flight above the earth...maybe this conversation happened during the recent ferris wheel accomplishment in chicago...with the "dot dot dot" playlist in my ears and the hot air balloon now in complete full view before me, i begin to feel that achy-icky feeling that has been haunting me lately...it's called missing someone...