8.01.2005

heaviness

i have so many things building up inside of me, from so many avenues/people/comments, all pouring down on me in such the most unexpected moments that i do not even know where to begin...the only thing that seems to calm me are pictures of green lights atop buildings, soothing song lyrics and words that remind me of my own school band days, middle of the night text messaging...(long pause in thought)

today i bought munkey socks...two pairs in fact...i'll post a picture when i get a chance...but since i have my friend fast asleep in my room, i must type quietly...no need for me shuffling around looking for the camera.

i feel tired today...definitely not from physical exertion or lack of sleep, but rather a certain emotional exhaustion of all the happenings and change that has been occurring this past week.
tomorrow i will awake early and make soft-boiled eggs with toasted multi-grain bread, fresh coffee or chamomile tea, and sliced honeydew melon...this evening we dined on the back patio by candlelight (hehe...citronella ones of course) and then homemade strawberry shortcake with freshly sliced strawberries by moi...

i want to write more...but for some reason the words are not coming so easily to me today...usually i have to stop myself from rambling on for so long...tonight my eyes and heart are welcoming sleep...i feel that this would be the perfect day to fall asleep in the arms of another, to feel the breath and heartbeat on the nape of my neck and back, to feel safe and comforted even in the silence...for now, i will have to imagine and dream, holding fast and tightly to my purple squishy pillow...