8.01.2005

"of Montreal" has a new video for the song, Wraith Pinned to the Mist (and other games)! i just finished watching it...yes, i know, i know, i'm supposed to be packing, rearranging, organizing...can't seem to get myself motivated to do such tedious things...anyhow, the video, like the song makes me happy...it kind of makes me think of the silly, demented short cartoons that my brother introduced me too that i laughed so much at...happy tree friends...to quote from the site "The Happy Tree Friends are cute, cuddly animals whose daily adventures always end up going horribly wrong. No matter how innocently their day begins, it always ends in mayhem." it is kind of messed up, but for some reason i laugh...i told you i don't really laugh at stupid funny, but for some reason sick funny makes my eyes tear...ugh, getting sidetracked...back to the video...playful and lyrical, just like the lyrics themselves...i especially like the reference to Tristan & Izolde and the making sure they see white sails...it causes me to think of how wonderful it is to play, like that of being domestic, and imagining walking thru english countryside castles with peter rabbit and beaver/woodchuck creatures, and weekend rendez-vous dates where ferris wheels are the playground...but at the same time remembering that sometimes the white surrender flag needs to be raised and the realities we sometimes choose not to talk/think about must come to surface...little by little though i find my own white flag being incrementally raised, and this makes me happy...yet scared at the vulnerability it takes to trust someoneone with your heart...please don't shoot...