3.09.2003

Another evening spent at the National Building Museum, another evening living in inspiration and awe at the amazing things an architect can conceive, derive, and become. Click here to witness the inspiration of Santiago Calatrava for yourself.

I am going to attempt to enter the ARCHvoices Essay Competition. It is theoretically about the process of this internship/apprenticeship experience of architecture that I am supposed to be journeying on right now. Somehow, perhaps thru that most amazing movie that my boy keeps watching, you know that movie with Cruz&Cruise, I feel that cryogenics/cryonics, whichever is the proper term, is so much like this gap between school/work. The immense ravine that divides the two is much like my brain being frozen, and I am suspended in this canister, surrounded by liquid nitrogen or whatever chemicals they use, not knowing whether or not someday, in the extreme distant future, if I will ever be able to wake up whole, complete and functioning --ready for battle to become the architectural warrior that I have so longed.