3.30.2003

Listening to Dido makes me think of a certain someone in that Windy City and how he survived his first cold winter after he decided to become adventurous.

In other strange worlds,spent last night in Baltimore with my good friend Golden Boy, his roommate, mi Gerardo and new friend Big Daddy. All was superficial, not bad just surface based, till the ride back to DC in our green exploration machine. The new boy bombarded with questions spilled them forth from his mouth. Not offended, and strangely very open, we spoke our minds and hearts as best we could to make him understand. Understand what? Now I am not quite so sure. But I was suddenly overwhelmed with this deep sadness which I have not felt for so long. Sometimes we try to find the small things of everyday to make us happy, to find that smile upon our faces, to feel a slight jump in our hearts when they skip a beat. Sometimes we forget the long term happiness that we strive for because it seems so far away, or perhaps even entirely unattainable. All aI know is that somehow the new boy broke through my walls that I normally strategically place. I looked out the left window and a tear or two or five ran down my cheek. I do not know, perhaps because he broke my translucent wall that keeps me from seeing how unhappy I really am inside, because today I was bombarded with questions in my head that I have no answer to.

My heart is complacent and purple today.