1.07.2005



so this is what the last 2 days have looked like for me. a myriad of wires and feeling electrical shocks numb my fingertips. anyhow, the job is finally finished and father, brother, and i very happy. i don't know how we always get into these situations, i guess one of the perks of being the daughter of mr. ultimate-i-can-fix/do-anything-dad. lol. it is good. and though my dad said he wouldn't do the job without vaughn or i, brother and i were motivated by the necessity to make money...afterall tuition is coming up quickly and my savings is dwindling just as quickly.

i'm getting antsy at home though. tomorrow i am going into san francisco to wander and have some alone time. i'm hoping that late evening i can meet up with some friends, but really it is not that important whether that happens or not. i need some alone time, and i miss the city so. cannot even compare with dc's grey dreariness of late. i am not looking forward to the process that it takes just to walk outside and go on one's daily business....typically here is how it goes-

-put on sweater
-put on jacket
-put on gloves
-put on scarf
-wrap scarf around for extra measure
-put on hat (even though my fave hat is now missing!!)
-waddle to metro
-get on metro
-unbutton jacket
-unwrap scarf
-take off gloves
-take off hat
-get ready to get off metro
-put on hat
-put on scarf
-etc.


and so the process goes back and forth, back and forth between inside and outside throughout the day. eesh, definitely not looking forward to that. however, i am looking forward to my down comfortered bed, and my coffee shop and my walk to school, and my routine. i miss being master of my universe, for i often feel like i am just an accessory here at home.

she-ra, here i come...only 5 days more and counting down!