1.15.2005

well, this evening did not turn out quite as planned---quite the opposite in fact. i was not supposed to be home at this time...nor was i supposed to be quite as sober. i'm not complaining...it was just different and much more relaxed than i was actually hoping. what was supposed to be a night out on the town, turned into a double feature of monty python (both the holy grail & the life of brian) in the old town theater. it was fun...even though everyone bailed out for the second movie and i had to stay with sebastian (the ultimate die hard monty python fan) for the second film (eh-hem, since i'm the only friend that cared!) it was alright. but here it is only 1 in the morning and i find myself dying of hunger...(jenn runs to the kitchen to heat up leftovers from her earlier meal)...

...yummy.

a pretty uneventful day. tomorrow hoping to go to see the don flavin exhibit at the national gallery of art. the weather is playing with my mind and i don't like it...last night i finally fell asleep with my window open and the warm breeze of 68 degrees blowing in. at 5:42 in the morning though i was rudely woken from my slumber to raindrops crashing down and making puddles on the floor and on my books in the windowsill. (sigh...if you know me well, my books are some of my most prized possessions) anyhow, i had to pull myself from the warmth of my dreams and slam the windows shut...and just like that the 68 degrees was gone...last i checked it was 34 feeling like 25 with windchill...california girls were not made for such harshness.

sidenote 1: i've been thinking of redesigning the website but am fearful this may take up too much valuable time. sigh...ok, well i'm just going do some reading now.

sidenote 2: i got all excited and giddy about my miniature usb 20gb drive---that was until i was shown up by epoxy who just got a 250gb external hard drive---bummer.

sidenote 3: i have a desire to make blueberry pancakes tomorrow morning for breakfast...pancakes, fresh fruit and coffee anyone?

sidenote 4: bon-bon postcard mailed to laurie. bvd card mailed to andrew. i can feel the old jenn beginning to re-emerge. yes, these last few months have allowed my arms to outstretch and breath, a chance to rediscover me (a blessing many individuals are not given). and on that final note, i am reminded of a series of collages that i did years back. they were actual copies of window mullions details, where the collaged in pieces revealed a rediscovery of certain aspects related to the project at the time...where are those pictures?