1.05.2005


spent the afternoon in j-town...er, i mean little tokyo...er, i mean japantown. (gosh darnit john and david for confusing me now!) anyhow, went to go look at cool packaging & be amazed at how many different car lights you can actually buy for a car. ended up in downtown by union square, amazed at how the scenery looked very much like fei's pictures from new york. sax fifth ave had the same larger than life lit stars hung outside the building, for a sec i thought i was just refreshing the coputer screen from last night when i was searching friends' blogs. (omg--i'm such a computer dork...)

anyhow, ended up finding my winter puffer jacket. it is a shimmery green and nearly as long as i am tall. sooo kewl. my brother calls me a walking sea cucumber...and then proceeded to call me shredder from the one and only teenage mutant ninja turtles.

i am getting a little bored at home. ready to get back to my bed and my routine. although i've enjoyed the stay at home, it seems at times like a big tease, knowing that i am not here to stay for long. but everyone asks me how grad school is treating me, and i realize how well it suits me. at the office party, everyone told me that i looked much healthier and more "glow-y". i must admit that it is an encouragement to hear such things, and though my motivation for school comes within myself, observations like these help in the long journey that still lies ahead.

i am still pondering my paper. it is difficult to imagine writing "my cosmological framework for how i wish to approach architecture for the remainder of my life." what exactly does this mean, you say? what does cosmology mean? essentially the way that i have defined it is as follows: imagine you are the sun...what kinds of planets are in my universe, and what rules of gravity are being observed which govern my solar system and orbit. in other words, what kinds of rules am i setting for myself that will decide what type of architecture i produce. i know...not easy. not easy at all. marco has given me until i go to mcgill university in montreal to finish it. he understands the great desire i have to decide these things for myself and he comprehends my deeply rooted passion for discovering my path, my architecture, my life...it is important.