5.29.2005

lago maggiore: a day at the beach

1:00 a.m. i just got off the phone, well i guess it has been over an hour or so already, with mom and the boy (smiley face) ugh...he was so right in the never knowing how to end the phone conversations....he called it out after a cute "kiss, kiss"...and then i continued on ramblling in agreement and somehow a stupid "by" pops out...dumb dumb dumb...must have burned a few too many brain cells at stresa in the sun today...i had to call mom this evening and tell her about the amazing villa on isola bella...the flowers and garden were more than breathtaking and the lago maggiore put my eyes in a state of awe, more than they have been at any particular natural site for quite some time now. i've surrounded my last few trips with buildings/museums...how could i have forgotten the beauty to behold in the the mountains and islands, the greenery and slimy, slippery, chilly but refreshing lake water. i saw a boy on the train whose face hair was slightly grown...on his cheek one could tell that the hair grew in a spiral. it was more intriguing to me than the passing scenery thru the windows...(sigh)...the boy said he missed me today - on the phone and in his email....this makes me happy and my heart pound in fear at the same time...the fear because i do not know how to respond quite yet...just like my stupid good-bye earlier (ugh!!!) perhaps i am out of practice in listening to what my heart has to say in return...i will try to be more vocal and not so intimidated by my feelings which perhaps must necessarily be shared so others can feel affection too.