5.02.2005

before bedtime in the day

although not extremely tired, i decided to come home despite my sub-conscious desire to stay and work. i'm so happy that i did leave when i did though because it must have been one of those perfect moments in time when everything was strangely in its place. as i strolled home, the leaves on the trees seemed greener, the sun peeking through in just the perfect slivers in time with the beat of music in my ears, the cars only gently humming, everyone's faces refreshed as the new morning began a fresh new day, the air crisp enough to feel on my cheeks yet not cold in any way...the music by the way also in tune with my mood and step, to relax and make the morning stroll pass by in not haste but leisure (at these early mornings/late nights at some point i tend to stop listening to words and only the notes penetrate into me)---these three songs somehow magically aligned themselves to be in rhythm with my steps, the final song ending as the key was turned and door closed behind me.

venice queen (red hot chili peppers)--time 6:07
take me somewhere nice (mogwai)--time 6:57
finally (the frames)time --4:53

total time to walk the more scenic way home = 17 minutes 57 seconds

anyhow, of course now i am home, and not ready to go to sleep...despite the yawn i will find it in me to muster up energy enough to brew some tea, read for while, perhaps write a letter or two.

did i mention that i saw a couple (as in mom & dad) of ducks and their ducklings stroll in front of me across the sidewalk from the grassy lawn to the side where the playground was...almost as if it was time for the childrens' playtime...how odd it is that all the senses are heightened when one lacks sleep...