3.08.2006

sweet love notes in my inbox

yep, your last email was in my Spam folder, not sure why, I guess as I said yesterday because of the a** word:) so...thank you also for calling me and updating me on the charger status that is very sweet of you:)

I was listening 5 min. ago to Dave Matthews "Crash" and I realized that I got that CD with this song when I started working at Shinberg. Levinas about 2-1/2 years ago and I was thinking...WOW...it's been already more than 2-1/2 years since I know Jenn:)....I never would have guessed that this relationship will continue like this. In fact I remember when Milton first talked about you that "one of his workers lives in Alexandria and I might ask you for a commuting advice" since I lived in Alexandria at that point too:) I imagined you to be big:) with glasses (still ) extremely grown up looking, married with kid's and in constant rush. But then I met you and you were nothing like what I had made you up to be. In walked this tiny little person hiding behind square glasses, who was very grounded, had cute sweaters and skirts and introduced me to my very first Chipotle experiences, and that has pretty much been true for things that followed...Jenn showing me many first things in my life:)....

Actually if I think of our relationship in terms of a road traveled you are for me like a light pole by the side of the road. Without one it is very hard to see in the dark and stay safe on the chosen course. You have illuminated my way in DC for the past 2-1/2 years...(making sure I don't run off the road in the dark) shining sometimes brighter, sometimes dimmer, illuminating the hot spots to entertain, showing the wisdom that I needed at difficult times and receding when I needed to do my own thinking, but always constantly being there. So that's what I was thinking about today and just thought I'd share with you since it feels like a mile stone is approaching - you soon graduating and who knows in what direction our roads will turn. I hope both of our continued paths will be good and gratifying.

Thank you for your friendship for these past 2-1/2 years:) Love, BG