3.10.2006

time to hang up my stripes...


a very productive day indeed:


- 2 drawings accomplished (not fully finished, but substantially enough to keep me rolling for the next 4) still need to find materials to use, make an ikea run for the photo frames to be used in my "great wall of minute proportion" + take the appropriate photos, and a home depot run is in the works too (keep your eyes open for purple electrical tape)...
- a good morning chat with my liz
- had an even earlier, or late-late-night chat with him that made me smile all day
- reminiscing old memories and sharing hopes for my b.g.
- sipped my coffee and watched a movie
- catching up time with mom & dad
- checking up on brother session
- paperwork for degree application + figuring out the just-in-case-i-don't-graduate-in-may-&-have-to-defend-in-august details/potential costs, even talked it out with dad-doo
- secret preparations finally completed and ready to be mailed tomorrow
- morning spring-like walks in the sun with the birds chirping above me
- another successful day of not eating out (it's been nearly two weeks now! well, with the exception of one chipotle...oops)
- paid bills, thanks to a little birdie reminding me
- happiness was today...i was more carefree than i have been for quite some time, a great accomplishment. i give some, if not most, credit to the striped tights and shoes...if my mother could only see me, i have sinking feeling i would be hearing, "you look just like when you were 5...only instead of pink and purple, you've grown up into orange and yellow!" *little girl smile*
- night time reading awaits me ..."the little house: an architectural seduction"...perfect for goodnite dreaming *wink*

i told you today was gonna be a good day!