3.11.2005

i'm a bit exhausted today...can't wait actually just to lie in my big bed surrounded by my pillows and probably too many comforters. actually got to school before 9:30 and was able to put in some good hours of work. but i feel as if i've been surrounded by people all day long, and i am pretty drained because of it. i guess sometimes it would just be nice to have someone ask me how i am doing or what exactly my project is developing into---i am so tired of everyone saying "you're done already" or "you have your design all figured out"...who cares what i have figured out and what i don't - design doesn't really stop. i'm tired of giving other people desk crits and not getting one in return...ugh...anyhow, it is pretty apparent i have had the juice sucked out of me today. not so much physically tired, but am lacking in perhaps some much needed quiet time. i kind of miss the companionship where no words really need to be spoken and just the mere fact that you are sipping coffee together on the same bench, or standing in close proximity of one another in a dark room with 5 big screens, well,these miniscule moments in time are enough sometimes. not always, but sometimes. (heavy sigh) desperately need to get some me time in before tomorrow night and the following sat/sun since i will be completely surrounded by anything but quiet. how nice would it be just to have a five minute hug right now? no words, no big squeezes...just arms to wrap around me long enough that i can let my guard down and rely on the security of another...just for a moment...now that's a nice thought to begin my sleeping and to end my writing...

hmmm...reminder: i think it's about time to watch one of my favourite movies --- amelie...a good nudge to remember always to "look for things no one else catches."