4.10.2005

gmail finally rules

so yesterday i figured out how to finally forward all my hotmail to my gmail account. i know this may seem like a miniscule discovery, but i was ecstatic nonetheles...ok...so i slept too much and now i'm off to go for a bike ride, get some coffee, and then head to "work". aside from a little stint yesterday, i've been especially cheery and content as of late. i spent the other day for maybe two hours, chatting away with my mom on the phone . isn't free verizon-verizon call phone talking one of the best inventions ever for promoting family communication? she finally got my homemade birthday card, it appeared out of hiding from the bed of my scanner at school (ugh - i'm so forgetful sometimes...hmm...that reminds me she used to always tell me that when i was small). anyhow, it is exciting and made me happy to share my life highlights...when i was home last- (wow, has it really been new year's since i last saw my family?) i took my mom to the city (san francisco for all you non, northern california people who don't understand)---i made her wander the streets with me, through my favourite bookstores, coffee shops, we sat on benches and watched the people together, wandered the museum arm in arm. (sigh) i guess i'm just having one of those missing mom days...in actuality, i woke up today and was acting extrememly silly, and was reminded because she tells me even now, "i can still see that little girl jennie-pooh in you". thinking of that makes me smile and takes me back to a time when i would walk around the house with an analog-voice-recorder (oooh---analog) and sing into it...or at christmas time how i would spin in circles in my red pleated skirt round and round the christmas tree...or how i would carry the fake plastic yellow roses in my arm, red quilt tucked into my shoulders, aluminum foil crown on my head while grandpa announced my presene as "the queen of england"....(reminiscent smile)...and of course my other reminiscent memory is attached to something else red - my official LeGO suitcase filled with my entire collection, i think i still have that somewhere, i should find it, that would be so much fun on a rainy day.

hmm...i wish there was a way that i could put next to the title of my blog a permanent little fill-in-the-blank of what i was listening to at the moment of writing my entries. often times, i think when one writes, the complete and utter mood of what is written is dictated by the background music. i find myself at times typing to the beat, or stumbling off as i get lost in parts of a song.

hmmm...i think the shower is free now, meaning i can stop wasting my energies here and put them into something a little more worthwhile...like working for tomorrow's pin-up...for now, i will leave with one of my favourite paul klee (the taking a line for a walk originator) line/watercolour draiwngs...i think mom and i saw this at sfMOMA on our day of leisure actually...(big smile)