4.06.2005

hugs all around

thoughts for the day:

1 can't believe i haven't seen badly drawn boy's video the [ year of the rat ]...makes me want to love and be loved. not to mention another one of my recent [ astralwerks ] favourites [ athlete ]---too bad i'll be in italy when they finally make it to d.c. bummer.
2
last night new territory was broken, and barriers breached. it is a wonderful reflection to look back and see the progression of any relationship/friendship growing. i do not feel that these deepenings are often appreciated by people...for the most part, the general public takes for granted the presence of special individuals in their lives...perhaps the right words are not known to say, or personal pride hinders them...whatever the case, it is essential for me to say that i'm thankful for whatever relationship i share, even if it means not fully understanding that companionship in the least bit. to feel my heart light again, to catch myself smiling when i see a robot, to long for the smell of roses, to worry if someone is getting enough sleep or needs their back scratched to relieve stress, to be excited and think random thoughts in the middle of the day---these are the things for which i am thankful. i feel a little sliver/splinter of blessedness/contentment within me...it restores within me faith in something i was beginning to think impossible in human nature.
3 i was able to get a moment of joyfulness as i ran down the outside steps and played whiffle ball for a brief minute. the air was so nice out today, and twilight began to fall walking back from [ misha's ].
4
the cherry blossom's are nearly at full bloom...this weekend will be that wonderous time of year that i actually enjoy being a washingtonian. [ peak bloom ] is between april 8 & 9...just perfect for plenty of weekend snapshots to share with those who cannot be here in person.
5 it's oh-so-late now...and a case of insomnia has hit me these last few days. too much staying up late...and i guess my mind seems slightly cluttered. a lot of thinking about how i want to approach architecture for the rest of my life, multiple friends relaying messages of unexpected babies (yikes!), friends who want separation/divorce from loveless marriages, trying to figure out moving for the summer and what i'm going to do with all my "stuff", not to mention the crap that keeps piling up (i.e. taxes/bills/laundry...) --- all these things desperately make me want to retreat to sleep, however, it doesn't happen...my mom used to always play with my hair at moments like this when i was small, maybe that would help...too bad no one is around...